Saturday, May 17, 2008

I collect them all

Today, we will rant. Ready? Did you bring your shoestrings and earplugs? 1.2.3.4. here we go?

So I have a bone to pick. With America. What the fuck do you do when a storm, earthquake, or hurricane strikes your country?

Answer: nothing, nothing, FREAK OUT!

Death toll: 78,000, 50,000, 1836

Notice something missing? LIKE A ZERO?
But where in the hell is our blood donations? Our Teddy Bears? Our we heart NO? Is there something wrong? Where are our celebrities demanding relief? Where are the rap stars saying we hate Asian people?

Come on all you social justice people. People wanting better rights for our un-represented, why don't I hear you beating your social-change drums and waving your protest posters? Is it something along the lines of 'we don't care about anything non-American?' is it too far across a big scary ocean? or do we have so many imports that we can't fathom giving some of those imports back to China?

It just angers me that we can't use our broadband connections for connecting with foreign country's news organizations. I was out with some friends and their parents, and the parents had more to say about China and Myanmar disasters. In fact, no one else my age even had anything to bring to the conversation. I felt like bringing out my slap-you-dumbass stick.

Now, some 'but Clark' arguements i feel might be brought up.

We don't have time. Utter bullshit. Who just saw the last Office episode? Want to talk about that? Or Lost?

What is talking going to do about it? Well, yes i understand that my rant does nothing tangeable right now. or does it? Do you now know the death tolls of these disasters? Do you understand a little bit more the magnitude of what happened. Do you understand a little bit more of why 'I'm American' is not always a great thing to say worldwide?

Well, haters, now you can hate all you need.

No comments: